West Bengal CPM recommends party MP Ritabrata Bandopadhyay’s expulsion

“I am victim of jealousy. They hanged me before even hearing me. I was suspended before I faced the enquiry commission,” “A section of leaders spread canards against me and somehow convinced senior party leaders,” Ritabrata Bandopadhyay said
The CPI(M)’s West Bengal unit has recommended the expulsion of its member, Rajya Sabha MP Ritabrata Bandopadhyay, from the party. Earlier, Bandopadhyay was suspended from the party for three months and removed from the state committee in June allegedly for having a “lavish lifestyle”. An inquiry committee was set up by the party. On Wednesday, CPI(M) sources stated that the state unit has recommended his expulsion from the party and that the central committee will now take a final call on the issue. It is likely that the central committee will follow suit.
Bandopadhyay, in an interview with a television channel recently, pointed fingers at party leaders for conspiring against him. He said that since he is vocal in Parliament, a section of leaders were jealous of him. Bandopadhyay, who sported a Mont Blanc pen and a Apple Smartwatch, which was highlighted in Facebook, raised eyebrows among the party’s top brass.
The MP was removed from the state committee following a report of a party commission headed by Md Salim, party’s Lok Sabha  MP and Politburo member. The commission found him guilty of leaking information to the media and as well as for having a “lavish lifestyle”. In the TV interview, he had also said, “I am victim of jealousy. They hanged me before even hearing me. I was suspended before I faced the inquiry commission,” “A section of leaders spread canards against me and somehow convinced senior party leaders,” he said during the interview.
During the interview, Bandopadhyay denied indulging in anti-party activities or having a lavish lifestyle as alleged by some party leaders. He also denied he has submitted inflated air fare bills during his travel as an MP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnant 10-year-old rape survivor cannot abort foetus, SC rules it’s too late

LIVE updates: With Nitish back as CM with BJP support, RJD MLA says Tejashwi should have resigned to save Grand alliance

Nitish Kumar is an opportunist, Bihar mandate was against BJP: Lalu Prasad Yadav